[Samba] samba migration woes

g s myitguru at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 17 07:32:14 GMT 2008

Thank you for the response Helmut,

The problem when I do that is the Centos box with Samba 3.0.28 generates
an schannel_store.tdb in the "private" dir when I attempt to login from a
client machine. It allows the login but denies access to the users home
dir on the samba server. In the schannel_store.tdb some machine info is
placed similar to what you see in the secrets.tdb file. This causes problems
with the client machines not being able to find the user profile...etc. I would
like to fix this issue the "right way" whatever that is, instead of starting over
and rejoining all the machines in the domain again. Any insights would be
appreciated. Thanks.

Greg