[Samba] Missing files and folders on Vista

Antoine Leblanc crucuny at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 15:18:30 GMT 2008

Antoine Leblanc a écrit :
> Hello everyone.
> I'm having a small problem while using samba 3.0.30 on FreeBSD that two
> months of googling haven't managed to fix: when a folder contains two
> many elements, Vista only lists a small amount of them. I made my tests
> with a folder containing around 1000 sub-folders (which have the same
> unix file mode). Vista was first only showing around 250 of them. After
> upgrading samba to 3.0.30, Vista "sees" around 400... When connecting
> from Mac OS X I can see the whole 1000 sub-folders. Has anyone already
> met this kind of problem?
> Thanks for reading (and sorry for my poor English).

Some news from that:
   - the missing folders contain no accent or any specific character
that may cause any problem,
   - if I move any of the missing folders into any other less "crowded"
folder, I can see it and access it without any problem,
   - if I enter the name of the missing folder in the address bar, I can
also access it without any problem.
   - XP sees exactly the same amount of folders that Vista does,
   - by just creating a new directory (`mkdir test`) in the folder, the
number of folders seen jumped from 411 to 548.
Thanks in advance for your help!

--
Antoine Leblanc