[Samba] Question on : Winbindd dumps core in find_builtin_domain() at nsswitch/winbindd_util.c:673

Wed Sep 3 10:19:07 GMT 2008

On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 05:54:02AM -0600, Har Gagan Sahai wrote:
> This is happening in our specific Active Directory setup.
> It is reaching this path finally and overwriting the
> builtin domain. This is causing the dump later. We have a
> bug raised in Novell on this issue  (bug #292609, not sure
> whether you will be able to access this.).

The thing I don't understand: We're adding a domain with
global_sid_Builtin using add_trusted_domain(). That sets the
domain->internal flag according to is_internal_domain()
which returns true for global_sid_Builtin. The only caller
of set_dc_type_and_flags() is init_dc_connection_network().
That never calls set_dc_type_and_flags() if domain->internal
is true. So I don't see a way how we can end up in
set_dc_type_and_flags() with domain->sid being
global_sid_Builtin. You should investigate that first.

And, by the way, global_sid_Builtin is never ever an active
directory domain.

Volker