[Samba] Connection to sambaserver failed

Csanyi Pal csanyipal at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 14:00:53 GMT 2008

Hi,

I have a small network at home and I can't to setup samba on it.

The network is made up by the following computers:

1. firewall/router with 3 network interface (NIC),
   eth0 - switch -  LOC zone
   eth1 - DMZ zone
   eth2 - to the Internet provider

2. server in the DMZ zone with a printer connected to the USB port,
3. desktop dual boot system (Win XP and Debian Etch) in the LOC or LAN
   zone.

On the server I have installed samba, and
on the desktop Debian Etch smbclient for testing purpose.

There is no problem when I use printer from the Debian Etch system
with cups, but from Wind XP I can't to use printer.

The firewall/router have setup iptables with shorewall.

I have followed these documents and tutorials but I can't to find a
solution:

file:///usr/share/doc/samba-doc/htmldocs/index.html
http://www.rmschneider.com/writing/xp_and_samba.html#_Toc73070424
http://math.temple.edu/computing/samba.html

Any advices will be appreciated!

--