[Samba] OT?: Binaries from sernet

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at firstbhph.com
Fri Oct 31 13:33:19 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 29 October 2008 12:21 pm, Dimitri Yioulos wrote:
>All,
>
>Apologies if this is an impertinent question.  I've been installing source
>RPMs from the "Experimental" branch at sernet.  That has yet to change to
>samba-3.2.4.  I understand it's a volunteer effort, but I was wondering if
>any work is being done to create the 3.2.4 source rpm?
>
>Dimitri

This morning I noticed that sernet had added the source RPM for samba-3.2.4.
Thanks to sernet.  That's much appreciated.

However, to build the RPMs requires Keyutils-libs and keyutils-libs-devel.
These appear to be available for RHEL5/CentOS5, but not for RHEL45/CentOS4 or
RHEL3/CentOS3, both of which I'm using.  I don't seem to find the source
files for these, either.  And, just installing the 3.2.4-related RPMs (also
made available this morning) has never worked for me; I've always had to
build the RPMs from the source RPM.

Has anyone else encountered this dependency problem?  If so (or even, if not),
how might I resolve the problem?  I'd like to be using 3.2.4.

Thanks.

Dimitri

believed to be clean.