[Samba] Questions about Samba 3.x on AIX 4.3.3

William.Saxon at sage.com William.Saxon at sage.com
Fri Oct 31 13:21:29 GMT 2008

James,

I did get that just in case that was the best I could do. I figure I could
also try to backport the fsusage.c changes from 3.0.6 since they were minor.

I have learned 2 things since I posted - one, if I disable winbind, ldap,
ads, cups and readline + comment out the bexpfull and bbigtoc flags, I can
build/install 3.0.32 without issue. I haven't tested it yet, but it may
work. I also learned that the gnu ld on AIX is just a bad idea, and that it
may be possible to tell gcc to use the IBM/AIX ld instead. I may try that
later.

Thanks for your reply.

-Will