[Samba] PID-File smbd/nmbd

w.wegner at astro-kom.de w.wegner at astro-kom.de
Mon Oct 27 18:19:51 GMT 2008

Hi again,

as there was no response yet, I send another ping for this.

With the reference "r19533" given by Jerry I could at least find
another question by Volker Lendecke who also was wondering
what this patch was about - but without topic-related answer.

Again, I consider it a bug because
a) the behaviour is completely undocumented
b) it is unnecessary because it can be more cleanly handled
   by the "pid directory"
c) it makes startup scripts for multiple server setups more complicated

Maybe I still have the wrong search string, but I could not find any
discussion about in the samba-technical archives either...

Best regards,
Wolfgang