[Samba] pdc

Steven Geerts Steven.Geerts at softathome.com
Fri Oct 24 13:50:53 GMT 2008

Hi

I configured samba as a PDC and I could successfully register my windows xp
sp3 client to my domain controller.  When I login locally to the client (XP)
and I browse my network I see my domain and I can browse the network shared
(if I need to login, the password is accepted)

Now  when I try to login via the PDC I get the following error: "the system
cannot log you on due to the following error: one or more arguments are
invalid"

My configuration is the following:

[global]

                name resolve order = wins lmhosts hosts

                passwd chat debug = yes

                idmap gid = 10000-15000

                passwd chat = *Enter\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *password\supdated\ssuccessfully* .

                passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u

                dns proxy = no

                netbios name = LINUXDC01

                idmap uid = 10000-15000

                #logon script = scripts/logon.bat

                workgroup = LOCALDOMAIN.BE

                debug level = 10

                os level = 64

                security = user

                usershare allow guests = yes

                add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -s /bin/false -d
/var/llib/nobody %u

                max log size = 1000

                delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel -r%u

                log level = 3

                add group script = /usr/sbin/groupadd %g

                delete group script = /usr/sbin/groupdel %g

                add user to group script = /usr/sbin/usermod -G %g %u

                logon drive = U:

                username map = /etc/samba/smbusers

                domain master = yes

                local master = yes

                passdb backend = tdbsam

                logon home = \\%L\%U

                wins support = yes

                server string = %h server (Samba, Ubuntu)

                unix password sync = yes

                logon path = \\%L\profile\%U

                add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -m %u

                syslog = 1

                preferred master = yes

                domain logons = yes

                pam password change = yes

                enable privileges = yes

                log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m

                max log size = 100000

                #socket options = TCP_NODELAY

                #obey pam restrictions = yes

                #map to guest = bad user

                #encrypt passwords = true

 [homes]

   comment = Home Directories

   browseable = no

   valid users = %S

   read only = no

 [netlogon]

   comment = Network Logon Service

   admin users = Administrator

   valid users = %U

   path = /home/samba/netlogon

   guest ok = yes

   read only = yes

   share modes = no

 [profiles]

   comment = Users profiles

   path = /home/samba/profiles

   valid users = %U

   guest ok = no

   browseable = no

   create mask = 0600

   directory mask = 0700

   writeable = yes

Does anybody has an idea on how to solve this.

Best regards

steven