[Samba] Sending / Receiving WinPopup on Ubuntu Linux Workstation

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Fri Oct 24 12:43:26 GMT 2008

Sébastien Prud'homme wrote:

> If you want so send popup, you need samba clients binaries

Check, Linus workstations are installed with smbclinet, libsmbclient, smbfs.

> and if you want to receive popup you need to be a samba workstation

Which are the packages to be a Samba Workstation...

> so i don't know how not to install samba to do what you want.

rrrr???? Possibly did you mean that the samba server package is the one with listeners to receive the incoming WinPopup messages?

If so, sigh, then how much of the smb.conf needs to be populated? Does anyone have a minimal smb.conf that is **just enough** to receive WinPopup messages?

Like I assume everything related to nmbd can be skipped, and that process does not even need to be running, etc...

Thanks!

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems