[Samba] Remote announce

Bengt Werstén Bengt.Wersten at enea.com
Tue Oct 21 12:31:38 GMT 2008

I have a Samba server on debian acting as a WINS server as well. It is the master browser and all connected machines can see and browse the network of 192.168.1.X. When I connect to this network using a L2TP VPN connection from Vista I cannot browse the network. A new interface, ppp0, is created fro the VPN connection for the new ip 192.168.1.128. The problem seems to be that all packets sent from SAMBA is sent only to eth1 (the 192.168.1.x).

I tried to add

remote announce= 192.168.1.128

But I don't get all the information, only one host announcement at samba startup and then nothing.

Is there anything else that I need to add or could debian be confgiured to send multicast traffic on mutiple interfaces so that a broadcast (192.168.1.255) get to both eth1 and ppp0.