[Samba] Re: samba4/Win2008: error -> directory property cannot be found in the cache

Joel Reed joelwreed at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 14:19:33 GMT 2008

Joel Reed wrote:
> I setup a samba4 pdc and successfully added a Windows 2008 machine to
> the domain.
>
> When I start up the "Active Directory Users and Computers" tool, I get
> a "Naming information cannot be located because: directory property
> cannot be found in the cache" error.
I tried this with Windows 2003 as well. The computer can be successfully
added to the domain, but the "dsa.msc" tool fails on load with a similar
error about "naming information cannot be located".

Are there some dns records required for these tools that are not
required for domain join operations?

I've also successfully joined a linux box running winbind to this domain
as well.

jr