[Samba] Re: samba4/Win2008: error -> directory property cannot be found in the cache

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Oct 23 00:54:32 GMT 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 10:19 -0400, Joel Reed wrote:
> Joel Reed wrote:
> > I setup a samba4 pdc and successfully added a Windows 2008 machine to
> > the domain.
> >
> > When I start up the "Active Directory Users and Computers" tool, I get
> > a "Naming information cannot be located because: directory property
> > cannot be found in the cache" error.
> I tried this with Windows 2003 as well. The computer can be successfully
> added to the domain, but the "dsa.msc" tool fails on load with a similar
> error about "naming information cannot be located".

This is due to a bug in that alpha release of Samba4.  If you try again
with the current GIT tree, this is now fixed (found at the AD interop
event we had at Microsoft, by Microsoft's engineers!).

I'm going to try and get another alpha out in the next week or so.

In future, send questions about Samba4 (while it is still alpha and beta
software) to samba-technical@ as I don't always get questions here.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett