[Samba] Different IPs on a samba server #2

sgmayo at mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us sgmayo at mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us
Fri Oct 17 18:58:42 GMT 2008

Adam Williams wrote:
> you need a trailing dot, like
>
> hosts allow = 10.0. 192.168.0. localhost

Sorry, that was a TYPO.

> can your 10. network and 192.168. network ping each other?

Yes, they can ping each other.  One thing I did try was to alias a
192.168.0.3 number to the 10.0.0.2 NIC in my samba server.  I can ping the
10.0.0.2 NIC from both networks, but I cannot ping the 192.168.0.3 NIC
from either network, unless I ping it from the samba server itself.

>are you running wins server = yes and msdfs root = yes on the samba server?

Yes, both of those are on my samba server.

I am going to try and put the 192.168 network into the switch where my
10.0. network is and then have the 192.168.0.254 NIC in my firewall go to
the switch also and see if that makes any difference instead of having the
192.168 network come directly into my 192.168.0.254 NIC (which it is doing
now).  If I can do that and Samba will run correctly then that will be
fine with me.

--
Scott Mayo - System Administrator
Bloomfield Schools

Question: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
Answer: Why is putting a reply at the top of the message frowned upon?