[Samba] Profile loading/saving on gigabit network only runs atfast ethernet speeds! Help!

Thu Oct 16 15:31:54 GMT 2008

On 10/16/2008 11:25 AM, Jonathan Bougher wrote:
> I Do think the local hard disk speed is cause *some* limitation, but since I
> can upload & download the same and other files and directories to the server
> at 4x the speed, I do not think that is the main limitation.
>
> I am still perplexed by this issue, why is it that any sort of normal
> upload/download data transfer from server to client or vice-versa via
> network shares works at speeds of roughly 400,000 kb/s when a profile being
> copied back and forth at login/logout runs at a much slower 50,000 kb/s?

Maybe because it is not a simple copy... it has to compare all of the
files in the local copy of the profile to what is contained in the
remote stored profile... so it would be the comparison process that
causes it to be slower.

Now, if it is only copying one huge file, then maybe it could be
considered a bug, because I would think that the actual copy process
should be the same...

--

Best regards,

Charles