[Samba] Profile loading/saving on gigabit network only runs atfast ethernet speeds! Help!

Jonathan Bougher jonathanbougher at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 15:25:12 GMT 2008

I Do think the local hard disk speed is cause *some* limitation, but since I
can upload & download the same and other files and directories to the server
at 4x the speed, I do not think that is the main limitation.

I am still perplexed by this issue, why is it that any sort of normal
upload/download data transfer from server to client or vice-versa via
network shares works at speeds of roughly 400,000 kb/s when a profile being
copied back and forth at login/logout runs at a much slower 50,000 kb/s?

Iv'e just been frustrated by this issue and I would really like to get to
the bottom of this, thank you all for your patience and continued support.

Jonathan