[Samba] Problems getting vampire to work with Windows 2000 server

matt.delves at itdepartment.com.au matt.delves at itdepartment.com.au
Tue Oct 14 22:08:02 GMT 2008

Greetings all,
I'm currently tasked with getting all of the user accounts of a Windows
2000 Server and onto a Linux (centos) box running Samba. I've got the linux
box acting correctly through samba and it can join the domain.

The problem that I'm having is that it gives the following error when
running with samba and ldap
  smb_create_group: Running the command `/opt/IDEALX/sbin/smbldap-groupadd
-p 'Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible Access'' gave 83

And when running samba alone it gives
  fetch_account: Running the command `/usr/sbin/useradd -s /bin/false -d
/dev/null 'LP01$'' gave 83

Could I please get some help with being pointed in the right direction as
I'm coming up against brick walls whilst googling.

Thanks,
Matthew Delves