[Samba] Compile help for Solaris 10 x86, samba 3.0.28a deficient?

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Sun Oct 12 11:50:33 GMT 2008

> Hi all,

see http://www.blastwave.org/testing/

you will find 3.0.32 and 3.2.2 there

If you want to work on this together, sounds great, come over to Blastwave
and we can sort this out. I can tell you that building Samba on Solaris is
a miserable experience, a lonely miserable wretched task.

but .. you already know that :-\

I do too.

One has to wonder how code that is written in C can be moving towards such
poor portability that it compiles in the linux world but not the unix
world.
I'd be happy to discuss that .. and whatever else is needed for a nice
stable package .. but not here.

please see http://wiki.blastwave.org and click "join us" such that we can
suffer through this process together.

Dennis Clarke

ps: I am working on the samba packages here .. hence the misery