[Samba] files disappearing from Samba server

Steve Rippl rippls at woodlandschools.org
Thu Oct 2 15:12:27 GMT 2008

Sorry if I'm pointing out something obvious that you've already checked,
but are you sure it isn't a problem with the client machines failing to
map the drive?  I think if the home drive fails to map a windows client
(XP at least, that's what we use here) defaults to using the local drive
for the home directory without reporting anything.  We get students
saving things and complaining that the files aren't there (on the file
server) when they're actually on the last machine they sat at!

Steve Rippl
Woodland School District