WG: [Samba] Still working on a Member Server

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Fri Nov 14 07:11:52 GMT 2008

For me getting a member server to work I did not need winbind just ldap
was sufficient. Did you made the trust account?
Getent group and passwd must give you all users and groups.
You must be able to chmod domainuser:domaingroup on your Member Server.
What I recognized is that the member server with samba 3.028 is much to
slow. It takes too long if you try to connect over My Network Places.
This bug I could not solve.

Greetings
Daniel