[Samba] Access Denied to Printers / Same thing here - SOLVED once (*almost)

Michael Heydon michaelh at jaswin.com.au
Sun Nov 9 22:53:01 GMT 2008

>>> Using a Windoze client, accessing a printer I receive the friendly
>>> "Access denied, unable to connect".  Checking the Samba logs, I find:
>>
> Alrighty then... I think I got it... almost (*)
>
> changed in smb.conf section : [print$]
>
>   path = /usr/share/cups/drivers
> #   path = /var/lib/samba/printers

You are getting close :)

It is a driver related issue, you can either install windows drivers
onto the samba server. This has the benefit of when ever you add the
printer to a client the drivers will be installed automagically.

If you are just after a quick fix, just add "use client driver = yes" to
your global section. This will get rid of the error, which is pretty
much harmless anyway.

*Michael Heydon - IT Administrator *
michaelh at jaswin.com.au <mailto:michaelh at jaswin.com.au>