[Samba] Access Denied to Printers / Same thing here - SOLVED once (*almost)

Peter Van den Wildenbergh peter at srecengineering.com
Sun Nov 9 23:48:27 GMT 2008

Michael Heydon wrote:

> You are getting close :)
But not close enough yet...

> It is a driver related issue, you can either install windows drivers
> onto the samba server. This has the benefit of when ever you add the
> printer to a client the drivers will be installed automagically.
That's the part I solved (partually because I cannot change any settings
from a client XP)

> If you are just after a quick fix, just add "use client driver = yes"
> to your global section. This will get rid of the error, which is
> pretty much harmless anyway.
Will try that tomorrow. I tried a couple things after my last post, the
driver is 'loaded' automagically with the log-in script.
(WSHNetwork.AddWindowsPrinterConnection "\\Server\Xerox7328 picked from:
http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=5798 )

WORD however is doing weird.
I cannot change the paper-size (paper-size = something 'custom', which
happen to be the same as 'letter')

I've the feeling that if I can change the setting in the driver from a
cient XP, that word will be able to pick up all available paper formats
too...

I hope I don't have to revert to RAW after all this. On the other hand
things have to work on Wednesday...

Regards

Peter