WG: [Samba] Samba 3.0.28a PDC and Vista Clients

Jason Waters jwaters at h2os.com
Tue Nov 4 19:06:35 GMT 2008

Ok I think I figured out what was going on.  Vista takes whatever is set for your profile and looks for a .v2 after it.  So since I had my profile set in LDAP as \\fileserver\profile$, it was looking for \\fileserver\profile$.v2.  So I created a new share in my smb.conf and edited the other profile$ share.  So in LDAP for each user I have \\fileserver\profile$ for the profile path, and this is my smb.conf

[profile$.v2]
        comment = User profiles Vista
        path = /opt/domain/homes/%U/profile/vista
        read only = no

[profile$]
        comment = User profiles XP/2000
        path = /opt/domain/homes/%U/profile/xp
        read only = no

Thanks for your help, I hope this helps someone!

Jason Waters