[Samba] Re: swat password

Santiago Andres Triana triana at physics.umd.edu
Thu May 22 18:12:30 GMT 2008

hosts.allow has the internal network and hosts.deny is set to ALL(ALL).

This might seem silly but I just don't know how to run swat if it is not
from /etc/xinetd.d/swat. Just issuing /usr/sbin/swat doesn't do anything
even if I remove swat from /etc/xinetd.d/ and(or) /etc/services/ .  By the
same token I don't know how to use strace to check on its behavior... How do
you run swat in the foreground?