[Samba] Re: swat password

Linux Addict linuxaddict7 at gmail.com
Thu May 22 16:12:21 GMT 2008

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 11:55 AM, Santiago Andres Triana
<triana at physics.umd.edu> wrote:
> yes,  /usr/sbin/swat exists
>
> and every time I try to login from a web browswer a new line appears in
> /var/log/authpriv indicating that SWAT started with a pid number. How do I
> use strace to see what SWAT is doing? Issuing strace -p somepid while the
> authentication dialog box is displayed does not work. Thanks everybody for
> the prompt responses! (the problem still withstanding...)
> --

1. Can u check /etc/hosts.deny and /etc/hosts.allow ? Check selinux as
well. Disable selinux " setenforce 0"

2. Run swat on foreground with debug enabled, auth disabled.. and test it.

$ swat --help
Usage: swat [OPTION...]
  -a, --disable-authentication       Disable authentication (demo mode)
  -P, --password-menu-only           Show only change password menu

Help options:
  -?, --help                         Show this help message
  --usage                            Display brief usage message

Common samba options:
  -d, --debuglevel=DEBUGLEVEL        Set debug level
  -s, --configfile=CONFIGFILE        Use alternate configuration file
  -l, --log-basename=LOGFILEBASE     Base name for log files
  -V, --version                      Print version

hope you are home this time..