[Samba] samba shares and active directory

ekul taylor ekul.taylor at gmail.com
Fri May 9 22:49:06 GMT 2008

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.  I know I'm
very close but I'm missing one little piece.  I have added a samba
machine to my domain using net ads and winbind and it's working
lovely.  I can log into the linux server with my active directory
credentials but I am unable to access shares on the samba server from
windows using active directory  credentials.  When I try to connect to
the samba server from windows I can see the share listed but choosing
it gives me a password box even though I am logged into windows as a
user who is a member of the squid group

smb.conf:

[global]
   workgroup = GLCC
   realm = GLCC.ON.CA
   preferred master = no
   server string = Linux Test Machine
   security = ADS
   encrypt passwords = yes
   log level = 3
   log file = /var/log/samba/%m
   max log size = 50
   winbind enum users = Yes
   winbind enum groups = Yes
   winbind use default domain = Yes
   winbind nested groups = Yes
   winbind separator = +
   idmap uid = 10000-20000
   idmap gid = 10000-20000
   template shell = /bin/bash

[squidlog]
        comment = squid logs
        path = /var/log/squid
        valid users = @GLCC+squid
        read only = No
        browsable = yes

wbinfo -u && wbinfo -g shows the domain user and group information and
getent group shows the squid group with my user as a member

any help would be greatly appreciated

Luke Taylor