[Samba] Can I mount an NFS volume and re-export via SAMBA?

Jim Hall james_f_hall at yahoo.com
Mon May 5 16:22:47 GMT 2008

We have an NFS filer right now that we need to provide
our windows users access too. For various reasons they
won't use SFU, etc. In our legacy environment we have
a file server that does NFS/CIFS natively. In our new
environment not so much. We want to provide this
service to our users and the solution proposed to me
is to utilize SAMBA as the mechanism to do so. After
doing exhaustive googling and searching I can't seem
to find if this is doable, and if it is what kind of
things I should  be on the lookout for, or configuring
the system for.

So first, is it possible?
Second, if it is possible is it just a matter of
mounting the NFS volume on the SAMBA server and then
re-exporting to the Windows clients?

Thanks,

Jim