[Samba] Configuring duplex printing as default: how?

Mark Gannon mark at truenorth.nu
Fri May 2 20:07:48 GMT 2008

On Friday 02 May 2008 10:03:53 am A. Wilson wrote:
> How do you get a printer mapped by Samba to allow duplex printing, or
> better yet, to set duplex printing as the default?

From your description, its a little unclear to me how you've configured the
Samba server for printing.  Have you configured the Samba server to deliver a
Windows print driver for the LJ8000 via point and print?    A description of
how to configure this can be found at:
http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/classicalprinting.html#id407886

An alternative explanation is that the security settings on the Samba printer
are such that the user doesn't have permission to change the settings.  Can
you help us understand what the settings are on the Samba printer and whether
the user has explicit permissions?

Regards,

Mark Gannon

--
It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have
very few virtues.

                         ~Abraham Lincoln