[Samba] Re: Unable to change Windows password on Samba BDC

Dennis McLeod dmcleod at foranyauto.com
Thu May 1 22:34:45 GMT 2008

That's how this place was when I got here. The real issue was with
websurfing control. Current setup is restricting by ip address, not user
(they didn't exist before), so they set up static.
I setup a dhcp server, and used dynamically assigned static addresses for
those machines.
Gives me the flexibility to make these kind of changes.
AND registers with DNS....

Also, check out psexec to do this. (run the netsh command remotely..)
You can add it to a logon script and then kick off the logon script
remotely, or just run it remotely directly on each machine.