[Samba] Numerous LDAP Queries

Marcus O. White 1lnxraider at comcast.net
Thu Mar 20 09:16:28 GMT 2008

Hello All,

Since upgrading to Samba 3.0.25 (RHEL4) from 3.0.9 (RHEL4) I've been
noticing an increase in the number of ldap queries for group accounts
that I have listed as invalid accounts in the smb.conf. The queries
occur roughly every two minutes. I have one primary Samba DC and two
secondary DC that geographically separate. The queries are generated by
the secondary DC's to the primary DC.

And I've been noticing numerous queries for what should be the MS
Windows BuiltIn groups (S-1-5-32-544 thru S-1-5-31-546). I know it is
not much but the frequency of the queries keep the ldap log file quite
large (~300Mb/wk).

Marcus O.