[Samba] failed to add domain dn= sambaDomainName

Luca Ferrari fluca1978 at infinito.it
Tue Mar 18 14:44:15 GMT 2008

Hi,
I'm trying to configure my samba server to work with the ldap system on the
same host. The samba domain name is LDAP, but when I try to start samba I
cannot and in the log I found:

[2008/03/18 11:12:14, 1] lib/smbldap_util.c:add_new_domain_info(216)
  add_new_domain_info: failed to add domain dn=
sambaDomainName=LDAP,dc=myHost,dc=com with: Invalid DN syntax
        invalid DN

Where can be the problem? Both in /etc/samba/smb.conf
and /etc/smbldap-tools/smbldap.conf the domain name is set to LDAP.

Thanks,
Luca