[Samba] Adding Printer drivers with rpcclient

Willy Offermans Willy at Offermans.Rompen.nl
Tue Jun 24 06:32:31 GMT 2008

Hello Kyle and Samba friends,

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 04:41:13PM -0500, Kyle Schmitt wrote:
> Hello.
>    I'm having issues trying to add printer drivers using the rpcclient
>
> I've got the drivers for one of the printers in the appropriate share,
> but every time I've tried, I get NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL
>
> So far I've put the drivers under W32X86, W32X86/2 and W32X86/3, to no avail
>
> Every time I run the adddriver command, I receive the
> NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL, and in the debug message, a rather curious
> WERR_ACCESS_DENIED error.
>

> rpcclient -U root -c 'adddriver "Windows NT x86"
> "dellcolor:dlxcrzim.dll
> :dlxcrzp.ddd:dlxcrziu.dll:dlxcrz.hlp:NULL:RAW:dlxcrjdm.dll,dlxcrzir.xrs,dllzjnie.dll,dlzddmif.dll,dlzdhb32.dll,dllznie1.dll,dlzpmc2.dll,dlzadcmn.dll,dlzarl32.dll,dlzc5102.dll,dlxcrz.cfg,dlxcrz.cnt,dlxcrz.xrs,dlxcrz.cdd"
> ' lxtrfs03  -d 100
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 or 2 years ago, I was in the same situation as you know. I tried a
lot, but it simply didn't work. Nowadays I follow the route via a
windows client to add the printer drivers to the samba server.
Something like
<start>
<run>\\Sambaserver
<Printers>
<Right-click mousebutton><Server properties>\
<Add driver>
If you cannot follow, you better check the archives or the handbook
where this is better explained.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
With kind regards,

Willy

*************************************
Dr. W.K. Offermans
CAT Postdoctoral Fellow
CAT Catalytic Center
Institut für Technische und Makromolekulare Chemie
RWTH Aachen
Worringerweg 1, Raum 38C-133
D-52074 Aachen, Germany
Phone:  +49 241 80 28591
Home:   +31 45 544 49 44
Mobile: +31 653 27 16 23
e-mail: Willy at Offermans.Rompen.nl
e-mail: Willy.Offermans at Catalyticcenter.RWTH-Aachen.de