[Samba] Question about samba domains PDC migration and browsing slowly

Javier Barroso javibarroso at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 15:14:38 GMT 2008

Hello list,

Currently, we are migrating from samba 3.0 PDC [without LDAP as auth
backend] domain named A to a new samba 3.0 PDC [ with LDAP as auth backend
and a new sid and name ]. The 2 domains are on the same network and we are
migrating host by host.

Like both of domain controllers (A and B) wants to be the browser master,
browsing from windows explorer on the net is slow (I think because a browser
master elections fight continously).

Do you know how can I set only one browser master (is it possible? ) or a
work arround ?

Thanks in advance