[Samba] "posix locking = no" - is it dangerous?!

Miguel Da Silva - Centro de Matemátic Miguel Da Silva - Centro de Matemátic
Wed Jul 30 18:21:30 GMT 2008

Volker Lendecke escribió:
> On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 09:09:55PM -0300, Miguel Da Silva - Centro de Matemática wrote:
>> Dear users, I'm asking myself... what if I use "posix locking = no" to
>> a share in a Samba server?!
>>
>> Here goes 3 URL's describing the some problem I have right now:
>>
>> http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2008-January/137529.html
>> http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2008-January/137437.html
>> http://blog.notreally.org/articles/2007/12/
>
> You need to re-export NFS imports? This starts to become a
> FAQ....
>
> See
> http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2007-August/thread.html#134572
>
> Volker

Good!!! More information, thank you...

Just a question, in one message through this thread, you told this:

"One potential workaround (no guarantees!) is to say "posix
locking = no" on the relevant shares."

And that's what I've done too, but what kind of "no guarantees" should I
expect?!

Greentings.
--
Miguel Da Silva