[Samba] problem upgrading 3.0.23->3.0.26

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Wed Jul 30 02:04:07 GMT 2008

On Tuesday 29 July 2008 20:00:14 Linda W wrote:
> John H Terpstra wrote:
> > Please show us the output of executing on both servers:
> > 	net groupmap list
>
> ---
> 	Both? There's only 1 server.  The difference is only what version of
> samba it runs:  version 3.0.23 vs. 3.0.26...  Did you mean under both
> versions?
>
> > Also, what is the output of?:
> > 	net getdomainsid
>
> ---
> 	Under which? version of samba?
> (processing rest)...

It was not clear to me from your first email that there is only one server.  I
thought you had installed a new server (OpenSUSE 10.3) that replaced an old
server that is running OpenSUSE 9.3.

If I understand correctly, you have done an update installation of 10.3 over
the top of the 9.3 server. Correct?

Even so, there are significant changes in going from Samba 3.0.23 to 3.0.26
and later.  It is always best to use the latest version of Samba.  If you
would like Samba 3.2.0 RPMs for OpenSUSE 10.3 please let me know.

So, back to my earlier request, please just provide the output of the
following commands on the installation you wish to get back into operation:

	net groupmap list
	net getdomainsid

Thanks.

There will be a few more steps, but let's walk them one at a time.

- John T.