[Samba] Hi I am vinod, I want to set up simple Samba PDC using tdbsam password backend. samba is installed on fedora 8 GNU/Linux. my network is about 30 windowsXP Pro. SP-2 static IP addressed machines. total no users about : 40 my network is : 192.168.1. sa

Vinod Raghavan vinodrag at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 02:45:06 GMT 2008

Hi

I am vinod,

I want to set up simple Samba PDC using tdbsam password backend.
samba is installed on fedora 8 GNU/Linux.
my network is about 30 windowsXP Pro. SP-2  static IP addressed machines.

total no users about :  *40*

my network is :   *192.168.1.*

samba server is *:  192.168.1.10*

windowsXP Pro. SP-2  clients :  *192.168.1.11*  to  *192.168.1.40

*I want the users to be able to access there files stored in the Samba
server from any client.

I have no DNS server.

I have no DHCP server.

can any one help me to setup SAMBA PDC .

Thanks.

Vinod Raghavan
B.A.R.C.
BOMBAY