[Samba] Troubles with PDC move

Adam Williams awilliam at mdah.state.ms.us
Tue Jul 29 13:29:18 GMT 2008

have to load the user's NTUSER.DAT as administrator in redegit, click on
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHONE, then under file, click load hive, load their
NTUSER.DAT, name it something, right click, permissions, amke sure it
has DOMAIN\USER for the person that should own it.  if not, you can add
permissions for that user.  then unload hive, put their NTUSER.DAT back,
and try logging in as that user again and see what happens.  one way to
see if you have a registry permission problem is to right click on their
my documetns and change the target to z:\my documents or whatever drive
letter you have available.  if it works, you don't have a registry
permissions problem, if it says unable to change target, then you do and
will have to do the hive proceedure to fix it.