[Samba] xp/2003 explorer freezes browsing shares on Samba 3.2 ipv6 hosts

raoulduke realdreck at web.de
Mon Jul 28 08:55:10 GMT 2008

I'm not sure if this is the same problem I have. In my case I could track the
problem down to my printer shares. If I disable the [printers] and [print$]
shares in smb.conf everthing works just fine. With the printers enabled
explorer freezes on some systems when I'm logged in as a domain user and try
to browse the shares on my PDC.

Strangely that problem does not occur if I'm logged into a local account on
the client (like Administrator).

David.