[Samba] Impossible to access folders

Thomas Vito shoktai at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 12:01:28 GMT 2008

Thanks Rubin. I am kinda of desperate right now with Samba.

 [root at amsdev-dv09 ~]# ps aux|grep smb
root      4543  0.0  0.1  17480  3336 ?        Ss   Jul22   0:00 smbd -D
root      5094  0.0  0.0  17480  1484 ?        S    Jul22   0:00 smbd -D
root     27818  0.0  0.0   3912   656 pts/2    R+   13:56   0:00 grep smb

[root at amsdev-dv09 ~]# smbstatus -v 10
using configfile = /etc/samba/smb.conf

Samba version 3.0.28-1.el5_2.1
PID     Username      Group         Machine
Opened /var/cache/samba/connections.tdb

Service      pid     machine       Connected at

No locked files

[root at amsdev-dv09 ~]# service smb status
smbd (pid 27883 27882 27820 27819 5094 4543) is running...
nmbd (pid 4546) is running...
[root at amsdev-dv09 ~]# /etc/init.d/iptables stop
Flushing firewall rules:                                   [  OK  ]
Setting chains to policy ACCEPT: filter                    [  OK  ]
Unloading iptables modules:                                [  OK  ]

I promise i have changed anything ;)