[Samba] Impossible to access folders

Rubin Bennett rbennett at thatitguy.com
Wed Jul 23 11:41:23 GMT 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-23 at 09:57 +0200, Thomas Vito wrote:
> Well, what i meant (i was not very clear) is that i could access for a
> while the share but after a system restart (and i haven't changed
> anything to my setup, i just wanted to reboot to see what happens), i
> am now unable to access the share anymore.

Well that's what you get for rebooting :^P

I guess at this point I'd try a smbstatus and make sure that Samba is in
fact running and correctly.  If it was working and it's not now after a
reboot, you're basically going to have to start your troubleshooting all
over again.  *something* changed, or it would be working like it was
before the reboot :)

If nothing changed in your smbd.conf and you're not able to access the
share, I would look at things external to samba.  Again the most likely
are things like iptables etc..

IIRC testparm will run even if smbd is not started.

Rubin