[Samba] domain user part of unix group problem

kissg mail.gery at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 09:08:57 GMT 2008

I'm not sure about it, but probably your user should be a member of the
squid group, as its primary group. But that way, Windows wouldn't let the
user to log in to the system...

Another option could be to leave the original permissions alone and copy the
log file to a Samba share (for example, your home directory or a share which
is only accessible to the members of the Domain Admins group). Create a cron
job which does this every minute, or every 5 minutes.. as often as you like
(but not too often, because as you may know, log files like growing huge in
size).

-rw-rw----  1 <username> <Domain Admins>  17M Jul 23 02:59 access.log

Well, it's just an idea, I'm not an expert, but would like to help.

Regards
Gergely Kiss