[Samba] samba 3.0.25a/3.0.30/3.2.0

Sean.Beaven at UK.ING.COM Sean.Beaven at UK.ING.COM
Wed Jul 16 09:05:52 GMT 2008

Dear All,

I have compiled 3.0.30/3.2.0 on a Solaris 10 Generic_127111-09. Samba
3.0.25a was a package from http://www.sunfreeware.com/indexsparc10.html
The samba share works fine with Windows XP client on all versions. I
have tried to test the password expiry feature using the command below:

pdbedit -P "maximum password age" -C 300

If I now try on log on the samba logs quite correctly says my password
has expired. On the client end (XP) on trying to map the drive it just
keeps on prompting for a password (this happens on 3.0.25a/3.0.30/3.2.0)
- It does not inform me that the current password has expired  -  please
put a new one in.

 I have installed  3.0.25a also from
http://www.sunfreeware.com/indexsparc8.html on a Solaris 8
Generic_117350-53. When I expire the password on this, it correctly
prompts me to renew my password - see below:

I would much appreciate any input. As both the smb.conf files are
identical. Is there a flag I need to invoke in compiling the code to
renew the password as the current one has expired or is this a "feature"
of Solaris 10?

Regards,

Sean Beaven UNIX Support
ING Bank n.v. UK Region, 60 London Wall, London EC2M 5TQ
*: +44 (0)20 7767 6945
*: sean.beaven at uk.ing.com
The information in this Internet email is confidential and may be
legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access
to this Internet email by anyone else is unauthorised.

If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to our clients any opinions or advice contained in this Internet email are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in any applicable governing ING terms of business or client engagement letter.

Authorised by the Dutch Central Bank and regulated by the Financial Services Authority for the conduct of UK business.

Visit us at www.ing.com