[Samba] Security tab is no longer available in Windows clients.

Miguel Da Silva - Centro de Matemática mdasilva at fing.edu.uy
Thu Jul 3 19:44:01 GMT 2008

Dear users, some days ago a user of the local network told me that she
was not able to change ACL's through Windows. I've done some tests and
indeed, when I right click a file/folder that is on the Samba server,
the "Security" tab is no longer available. It does appear when I
right-click any local file.

The clients are running Windows XP Professional SP2 and the Samba server
is being running on a Solaris 10 system. The system is already using ACL.

Any suggestion?!

Greetings.
--
Miguel Da Silva