[Samba] RE: samba 3.0.25a/3.0.30 Solaris 10

Sean.Beaven at UK.ING.COM Sean.Beaven at UK.ING.COM
Thu Jul 3 11:28:57 GMT 2008

Guys,

I have compiled version 3.0.30 with no optional flags for Solaris 10. On
expiring the password with the following command:

./pdbedit -P "maximum password age" -C 300

When I reconnect it just keeps on prompting for the password it just
cycles and asks for the password again. The samba log looks like this:

[2008/07/03 12:19:51, 1] auth/auth_sam.c:sam_account_ok(178)
  sam_account_ok: Account for user 'sebea' password expired!.
[2008/07/03 12:19:51, 1] auth/auth_sam.c:sam_account_ok(179)
  sam_account_ok: Password expired at 'Thu, 03 Jul 2008 12:18:17 BST'
(1215083897) unix time.
[2008/07/03 12:20:00, 1] auth/auth_sam.c:sam_account_ok(178)
  sam_account_ok: Account for user 'sebea' password expired!.
[2008/07/03 12:20:00, 1] auth/auth_sam.c:sam_account_ok(179)
  sam_account_ok: Password expired at 'Thu, 03 Jul 2008 12:18:17 BST'
(1215083897) unix time.

My Solaris 8 samba version 3.0.25a works fine - it appears to be a
problem with Solaris 10? Any input would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Sean