[Samba] samba + slave OpenLdap (read-only)

jakjr joao.alfredo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 13:08:19 GMT 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to config samba to use a openldap replica (slave) base.

Every thing is working, except when I try to join a machine to a domain.

Samba try to write some attributes in openldap, but this database (slave) is
read-only, so this operation fails.

Openldap can return a REFERRAL when a client (samba) try to do a
modification on a slave database and this already is happening.

But samba can't understand this referral return by the slave openldap.

I saw in the man that this is possible and samba should understand this by
default.

This is correct ? Or I should change something in smb.conf?

I'm using samba 3.0.24 (Debian Etch).

Regards,

João Alfredo