[Samba] Samba update

Sascha tdy_shadow at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 2 12:02:09 GMT 2008

Hi,

I have just taken over the administration of our Samba Fileserver. Unfortantly, my colleage has not done his homework and sadly forgot keep the Samba version up-to-date. So, the first step for me would be to update from our current version 3.0.23c (SuSe rpms) to the most recent. Now I worry about some changes that could cause problems with my current configuration file. As I can not shutdown the service for a long time to debug the config, I would like to know what is the best way to get around any problem?

Thanks for your help and best regards