[Samba] Samba 3.2 Ldap problem

kissg mail.gery at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 06:16:00 GMT 2008

Have you installed the libnss-ldap module on Server B? It's required if you
have your users in an LDAP-database.

What do you see if you type the command on Server B:

id <username>

For example, I have a user in my LDAP database, named "kissg_02a". In my
case, I see the followings:

root at lemontree# id kissg_02a
uid=10003(kissg_02a) gid=513(Domain Users) groups=513(Domain Users)

Try to set "loglevel 256" on your slapd.conf and look for entries in your
syslog file, which have an "err" value, other than zero. If you don't have
any, it means that communication with the LDAP-server works as expected, but
Samba cannot access the uid attribute. It can also be, that the samba.schema
file changed since Samba version 3.0, and the new version stores UIDs in a
different attribute or in a different place of the LDAP directory structure.
Check if there is a new version available for Samba 3.2.

Best regards
Gergely Kiss