[Samba] Re: Roaming profile & f-secure problem

Brian May brian at vpac.org
Tue Jul 1 00:58:47 GMT 2008

Marcus Sobchak <lists at localguru.de> wrote:
> are there any know problems with f-secure scanner and roaming profiles?
> We have a lot of users with problems syncing their roaming profile from
> the domain server. It seems to be a problem with f-secure's on-access
> scanning (may be timeout problem?). Some users have to login three or
> four times, before getting their roaming profile and not the default
> profile.

I diagnosed a problem recently where a system task running on a Windows
client (wpkg) would not release oplocks on server files, forcing other
clients to wait 30seconds to on each file to break the oplock. Disabling
the F-Secure firewall solved this.

Could your problem be related?

If another client refuses to release the oplock on the profile data,
windows might time out and use the default profile instead. When it does
work the oplock may already be broken.

Just a theory to test anyway.

Brian May