[Samba] Winbind 3.2.0rc2 Coredump [was: Re: Help needed. Samba 3.2.0rc2 - IDMAP - Windows 2008 Server - ADS Integration - Winbind]

Scott Lovenberg scott.lovenberg at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 00:44:59 GMT 2008

Scott Lovenberg wrote:
> Samba-Liste wrote:
>> Hi Scott,
>>
>> thanks for the reply.

>> [...]
>>

>>> Have you tried using the 'nss_ldap' with the entry 'ldap' in your
>>> nsswitch.conf?  I found that to be the best way to interface the LDAP
>>> backend in my case.  I tried the pam route, but since Slackware does
>>>

>> that's how we do it right now as we have a Samba-LDAP-PDC. But didn't
>> get it working against my new Windows 2008 ADS server. Can you provide
>> sample configurations for nss_ldap to connect to an ADS server?
>>
>> thank you and best regards
>>
>>            Daniel
>>

> Sorry for the delay, I think I jumbled my email boxes :)
>
> This is off the top of my head (as my official Samba book is at home
> and I'm at work), but, all you should need is the nss_ldap module and
> the following lines in your /etc/nsswitch.conf:
> [...]
> passwd   files ldap winbind compat
> shadow   files ldap winbind compat
> group      files ldap winbind compat
> [...]
>

> This should enable getent passwd.  IIRC, there are no dependencies for
> nss_ldap, it just needs to be compiled.  At least on Slackware, as
> always, check with your upstream provider before compiling your own.
Strange... I just noticed how you fixed the problem at first, are you
sure that everything was compiled with the same libraries?  Also, can
you verify that ldap_nss was compiled with the "--enable-rfc2307bis"
flag?  Something isn't adding up.  I fear I've missed something here.

I was taking the missing nss directory to mean that you didn't have the
correct nss modules installed, but I think you've just stumped me.  Does
anyone more qualified than myself have a feeling one way or the other on
this?  The fact that the library wasn't symlinked disturbs me a bit.
Could this be conflicting libraries from different compiles?