[Samba] Retry: Mapping AD domain users to UNIX users

Nigel.Pain at scotland.gsi.gov.uk Nigel.Pain at scotland.gsi.gov.uk
Wed Jan 23 14:13:31 GMT 2008

This is where I don't really understand how Samba works! My
understanding was that there would be an implicit mapping between domain
accounts and local accounts of the same name. Therefore, if permissions
were set for the local user within UNIX, those would propagate to the
equivalent domain user. I can see where there could be confusion with
UIDs using Winbind. Am I better not using it?

Regards,
Nigel
Nigel Pain
The Scottish Government
Corporate Systems Support
Information Systems and Information Services (ISIS)
Victoria Quay
EDINBURGH
EH6 6QQ
UK

This e-mail (and any files or other attachments transmitted with it) is intended solely for the attention of the addressee(s).  Unauthorised use, disclosure, storage, copying or distribution of any part of this e-mail is not permitted.  If you are not the intended recipient please destroy the email, remove any copies from your system and inform the sender immediately by return.

Communications with the Scottish Government may be monitored or recorded in order to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes.  The views or opinions contained within this e-mail may not necessarily reflect those of the Scottish Government.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2007/11/0032.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.