[Samba] need wins understanding

Dominic Iadicicco diadicic at sctylib.org
Sun Jan 20 23:51:06 GMT 2008

Here is my setup.

     I have two samba domain controllers on the same subnet. It's a
172.16.12.0 subnet.

      First domain "STAFF"

      Second domain "PATRONS"

      They both have wins enabled and all clients have broadcasting disabled.
      Can someone tell me if I will have a problem?  If so please give
some kind of example.  I am really trying to learn why and get a
better understanding of wins, and this will put me in the right
direction.
  If you need more info on the network, just ask.  Although I feel this is
more of a concept question to help me get it.

Thanks all

Dominic Iadicicco